Snow Day – What to Do?
Although the snow hasn’t materialized yet, today is an official snow day for Fulton County Schools, the City of Johns Creek closed at noon, many businesses are closed, or will close early, and events all around Atlanta are being rescheduled.
Snow in Georgia is a rare and welcome event (when it doesn’t come with dangerous icy roads). Who doesn’t love to watch snowflakes falling, stay cocooned in the comfort of your own home, and spend a lazy day doing nothing in particular? So, the schools, shops and businesses are closed, you don’t have to go to work, you have the whole day to yourself, and you find yourself asking “what to do”?
These are my top 5 things to do when I’m snowed in:
1. Read a good book. I love curling up with a good book next to a crackling fire when its winter weather outside.
2. Organize closets. Between work, family and social commitments, who has time to do this? Being stuck at home is the perfect opportunity to pass some time pitching and flinging in the closet!
3. Write those thank you notes I’ve been putting off. I’m a big believer in hand written notes, and I always have a little list going of thanks yous and other personal notes that I need to send. A snow day is the perfect time to get caught up.
4. Cook soup. What is more comforting on a cold day than a big pot of chicken soup, beef stew or homemade chili? Of course, you have to have the ingredients on hand before the weather sets in…
5. Work. Yes, work. There is no getting around it, I am a workaholic. When I have spare time available more often than not I can be found at my desk, doing business planning, researching the best new tools and technology, testing out new systems that might bring value to my clients, and so on. I could spend hours trying to find ways to improve. Thank goodness I enjoy what I do!
How do you spend your snow day? I’d love to hear! Leave comments below.